For years, botox treatments and injectable fillers have been used for the rejuvenation of the face and neckline, with botox also being used to diminish headaches and to minimize excessive perspiration.
These days, instead of waiting to see the deep lines and “crow’s feet” which develop with aging, people are taking control of their appearance by getting botox treatments before the deep lines and tell-tale creases set in, postponing the process. This way, the deep lines never have the chance to develop, and all that is required a required is a low maintenance routine of touch ups.
Whereas much is known about botox, there are still a few myths and misconceptions which we have clarified below:
- Myth #1 – The injections are very painful.
Prior the treatment there is topical solution applied to your skin, on the areas to be treated. The degree of pain is a subjective thing—some people feel almost nothing, while others may feel a little bit discomfort. It depends on the individual’s threshold for discomfort.
- Myth #2 – My face will be horribly bruised for days!
To prevent bruising, after the injections you can use Troxevasin gel (usually provided buy your doctor after the treatment) to reduce capillary permeability of small blood vessels, thereby preventing endothelial damage It also has membrane stabilizing, anti-bleeding, anti-inflammatory, liver-protective, radio- protective, poisoning, and anti-allergic effects. Troxevasin inhibits platelet aggregation and leads to a shadow with a syndrome occurring in trophic disorders recovers.
- Myth #3 – Botox and fillers do not work for me.
Do not panic! It usually takes 3-5 days to see real results, and sometimes can even take up to ten days. Do not rush to the doctor for more units! If you still feel in 2 weeks that there is a need for more, you can make appointment for a follow-up treatment. Remember, you do not want to over treat yourself and lose your face expressions completely.
- Myth #4 – Botox and fillers are for women only.
We ALL desire a youthful appearance! Believe it or not, men also want to be able to write off five years off from their faces, and a large percentage of our clients are men. It can be a real confidence booster, and many men see it as another way of taking care of themselves.
Things to keep in mind:
- Make sure your doctor/ esthetician /nurse is board certified from reputable school. The Botox needs to be approved by the FDA and don’t be afraid to ask to see the original packaging.
- Follow all post-treatment instructions. You will be provided with a list of specific post procedural instructions. For example, After treatment, you should not lay down for at least 2 hours, you should avoid the sun, etc.